Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Saying "Thank you"

Call me old fashioned but I still believe that manners maketh man. I've been very fortunate over the years in that people have willingly shared with me, information about Chailey and the First World War. They continue to do so and I hope that I always show my gratitude.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for some of the people who contact me as a result of having located a relative on my site as a result of a Google search. I'm not going to make a big fuss about it here because this blog, and the site it feeds into, are concerned entirely with commemorating the men and women of Chailey during the First World War.

But let me say just this. Please, if you can summon up the strength to write me an e-mail asking for additional information on people or tips on researching WW1 soldiers, at least have the good grace to send me an acknowledgement once I've sent you the material.

No comments: