Saturday, October 06, 2018

Chailey photo montage


It's been a while since I posted on this Chailey 1914-1918 blog; too many competing priorities and a busy work and home life never leave me with enough hours in the day. Nevertheless, I have just applied a couple of updates to the blog and also created the montage above which I'm using as a background. The individuals here are all connected with Chailey of course; most of them serving men and women who lived in the village or in nearby Newick.

Nurse Edith Oliver, who started this whole research project off for me, is the lady top left, whilst Margaret Cotesworth, third row down and second from right, was the indomitable commandant who ran Sussex 44 VAD. I shall be endeavouring to add all of these faces to another of my projects, British Army Ancestors, which I launched last year. There are close to 12m searchable records on that site, the aim being that people can upload and hopefully, in time, find a photo of their British Army Ancestor. But in the meantime there's till work to do on this Chailey site.



No comments: